Wednesday, July 1, 2026

Understanding How To Trade The Morning Star Candlestick Pattern

The Morning Start Candlestick Pattern is one of those signals that can truly change how you look at a falling market.

Have you ever stared at a sea of red on your screen and wondered, "When is this finally going to stop?"
It’s a common worry, and honestly, trying to catch a falling knife is how most of us lose money when we first start out.
But what if the candles themselves started telling you that the bears were getting tired?
That’s exactly what I look for when I see this specific three-candle setup forming at the bottom of a trend.

What Exactly Is This Pattern?

Think of the Morning Start Candlestick Pattern as a three-act play that happens on your price chart.
In the first act, the sellers are in total control, pushing the price down with a big, ugly red candle.
Then, in the second act, something interesting happens: the price gaps down, but it doesn't keep crashing.
Instead, you get a tiny little candle—sometimes it’s a small body, other times it’s just a cross—showing that buyers and sellers are finally fighting to a draw.
You can check this trading patterns cheatsheet for more setups.

Morning Star Structure

IF YOU WANT TO TAKE YOUR STOCK INVESTMENT TO THE NEXT LEVEL, READ MY CAPITALIST EXPLOITS REVIEW HERE

Finally, the third act brings the hero: a big green candle that surges back up, reclaiming a lot of the ground lost in that first red candle.
When you see this sequence, it’s like the market is taking a deep breath and deciding it’s time to head back up.

Why the "Star" (or Start) Matters

I remember the first time I traded this; I was so nervous because the trend looked so strong to the downside.
But that middle candle—the "star"—is the secret sauce because it represents pure indecision.
The Big Red Candle: Shows the bears are still shouting the loudest.
The Middle Candle: Shows the bears are losing their voice and the bulls are starting to whisper.
The Big Green Candle: Shows the bulls have taken the microphone and are now running the show.
Sometimes that middle candle is what we call a "Doji," which looks like a plus sign.
In my experience, a Doji in the middle makes the signal even stronger because it shows the market is completely stuck before the big move.

Standard vs Doji

Spotting the Best Setups

You can find a Morning Start Candlestick Pattern on almost any timeframe, but they aren't all created equal.
If you see one just floating in the middle of nowhere, I usually ignore it because it might just be a temporary pause.

The "A+ setups" happen when the pattern forms right on top of a major support level or a big round number.
It’s like the price hits a floor it can’t break through, and the Morning Start is the signal that it’s about to bounce.

Pattern at Support

I also like to keep an eye on volume; if that third green candle has a huge spike in trading activity, it tells me the "big money" is actually stepping in.
Without that volume, you might just be looking at a "dead cat bounce" that fizzles out after a few minutes.

How I Actually Trade It

Once I see the pattern complete, I don't just jump in blindly with everything I've got.
I like to wait for the third candle to close first, just to make sure the reversal is "official" and not a fakeout.
Here is my basic checklist for a trade setup:
1.Entry: I usually place my buy order just a few pips above the high of that third green candle.
2.Stop Loss: I put my "get out" price just below the lowest point of the middle candle.
3.Target: I look for the next obvious resistance level or aim for at least double what I’m risking.

Trade Setup

It’s a simple way to manage risk because if the price drops below that middle candle, the pattern is broken and the story has changed.
Keeping your losses small while waiting for these high-probability turns is the real secret to staying in the game.

Frequently Asked Questions

Is the Morning Start pattern always green on the third day?
Usually, yes—for the pattern to be valid, that third candle needs to be a strong bullish (green) move that closes at least halfway up the first red candle.

Can I use this for crypto or just stocks?
I use it for everything! Whether it's Bitcoin, Apple stock, or Forex pairs, the psychology of buyers and sellers remains the same.

What's the difference between this and an Evening Star?
An Evening Star is just the opposite; it happens at the top of an uptrend and signals that the price is about to crash.

How long does the reversal last?
There’s no set rule, but I usually look for it to start a new trend that lasts for at least several more candles on whatever timeframe I'm watching.

Wrapping It Up

Learning to trust the Morning Start Candlestick Pattern takes a bit of practice, but it’s a great tool to have in your belt.
It helps you stop guessing where the bottom is and starts letting the market prove it to you through price action.
Just remember to stay patient, wait for the confirmation, and always protect your downside.
Once you start seeing these "stars" lighting up the bottom of a trend, you'll never look at a red chart the same way again.
I hope this helps you navigate the charts with a bit more confidence next time things look bleak.
If you keep your eyes peeled for the Morning Start Candlestick Pattern, you might just find your next big opportunity.

Disclaimer: I am just sharing my personal experience and insights for educational purposes; this is not financial advice, so always do your own research before trading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2 ETFs To Invest In With High Reward Potential

You're tired of watching your money sit in a savings account earning basically nothing. You want growth, but you don't want to gam...